Your town needs a guide to everything local
Join the Patch team as a community newsletter curator
Are you proud of your community? Does sharing the inside scoop with others bring you satisfaction? Do friends and family turn to you for advice on things to do and places to go in town? Would you enjoy supporting local business owners by providing them a vehicle to connect with customers in their communities? Interested in earning extra income while providing a valuable resource for your neighbors? Do you have an hour to 90-minutes a day, 5-days a week to devote to an income-producing side project?
If you answered yes to all the above, we invite you to apply for a role as a Patch community newsletter curator.
Patch community newsletter curators produce daily local newsletters that local users love. (We currently have a 95% “Thumbs Up” rating from users in the communities we serve.) Using Patch's custom newsletter-curation tools, you'll be able to assemble a useful guide to the top stories and things to do in town each day in roughly an hour. You’ll earn a flat fee per newsletter, and a significant commission on local sales revenue generated by your newsletter. You’ll get regular support from the Patch marketing, sales, product and engineering teams to help you grow your audience and income, and who are focused on helping curators succeed.
Our ideal candidates:
- Have a strong connection with and deep knowledge of their communities
- Have a strong understanding of the local news and media landscape
- Follow local events and happenings, and delight in keeping others informed about what’s going on in town
- Are somewhat digitally savvy (or willing to learn!) and participate in and/or are aware of locally-focused social media groups and communities
- Know the most important organizations and businesses in their community
- Have an hour to 90-minutes per day, 5-days a week to devote to their newsletter
- Would find the idea of growing a local audience and customer base of local businesses exciting
- Write clearly and concisely
- Are motivated by the idea of building a steady source of recurring monthly income
- Marketing or sales experience, though not required, is a plus
There are opportunities for curators to manage a single email newsletter, as well as newsletters for several nearby communities.'
Current Curator Testimonials:
- "One day while reading Patch, I saw an ad for a curator for my town. I was very excited since I had always thought what a wonderful job that would be. Today, here I am not only curating for my town but for other local towns in my community and I could not be happier".
-Diane W. (New York: Smithtown, Sunset Park, Riverhead, Southampton, East Hampton, Center Moriches-Eastport)
- "Patch’s Newsletter Curator role is an excellent way to get in tune with the community around you and share your local knowledge. I know I have enjoyed helping others stay informed, while learning more myself.”
-Carlos H. (Tampa, FL + Orlando, FL + Houston, TX)
- "I've been curating the Myrtle Beach Daily for almost a year now, and I love what I do. The best part is the feedback I get from my readers and followers. Their words of encouragement and suggestions are always meaningful and their positive feedback really makes my day!"
-Kathy M. (Myrtle Beach, SC)